Updated Mar 26, 2013 - 6:38 am
Report: Cardinals to work out North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon
The Cardinals, who will pick seventh overall, may have all of the draft class' QBs available to them. Or, maybe, one or two will be selected before they are even on the clock.
A smart team will explore all options, and according to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, that includes North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim and Arizona asst. coach Tom Moore are in Raleigh, N.C., to workout North Carolina State QB Mike Glennon on Tuesday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 25, 2013
A 6-foot-7 quarterback, Glennon threw for 4,031 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior last year, his second as a starter. He completed 58.5 percent of his passes and was picked off 17 times.
"They're not going to take Mike Glennon in the first round," Schefter said Tuesday on ESPN's Sportscenter. "But it's conceivable in the second round, that's where Arizona would be in position to take a quarterback like Mike Glennon.
"We've already heard Bruce Arians, the Arizona Cardinals coach, say he doesn't think all that much of this particular quarterback class in terms of star power. He doesn't see some guy that pops off the screen that the team has to have. But clearly this is a quarterback right now that the Arizona Cardinals, whose schedule starter now would be Drew Stanton, are taking a long, hard look at."
Glennon is known for having a big-time arm, which is something Cardinals coach Bruce Arians looks for in a quarterback, but has yet to show enough consistency to be considered a high first round pick. But that does not mean the team wouldn't have interest in the second round.
ESPN's Mel Kiper has Glennon rated as the fourth-best quarterback in this year's class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith, USC's Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib of Syracuse .
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up