Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 2:13 pm
NFL.com pegs Carson Palmer to the Cardinals
While some thought the Cardinals were done looking for a quarterback in free agency after the signing of Drew Stanton, NFL.com's Marc Sessler thinks otherwise.
In a piece titled "Who's next on the NFL quarterback carousel?", the Cardinals are the likely landing spot for Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer.
The Oakland Raiders don't plan to pay Palmer's $13 million salary and the grizzled veteran is "highly unlikely" to take a pay cut. With a divorce looming, Palmer is a logical target for coach Bruce Arians in Arizona. The Cardinals are upbeat about Drew Stanton and Brian Hoyer, but Palmer is a present-day upgrade over both. Adding Palmer to the mix also allows the Cardinals to use their No. 7 pick on an offensive tackle. Palmer is a plodder who must be protected well -- not a Cardinals specialty of late -- but he'd give Arians a known quantity under center. Destination: Cardinals
If Palmer is released and the Cardinals make an offer, they would be pursuing a 33-year-old, two-time Pro Bowler who threw for 4,018 yards with 22 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and a 61.1% completion percentage last season. Based on statistics alone, Palmer would appear to be an upgrade at the quarterback position for Bruce Arians and the Cardinals in 2013.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?