Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 7:59 am
Report: Cardinals make Carson Palmer's short wish list
According to USA Today, the Southern California native wants to stay on the West Coast and has two teams in mind: the Arizona Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers.
The two NFC West teams make sense for Palmer, who reportedly turned down a $3 million pay cut this, for entirely different reasons.
The Cardinals would allow Palmer at least a chance to be a starter. Arizona cut Kevin Kolb earlier this month and have Brian Hoyer, Drew Stanton, John Skelton, and Ryan Lindley on the roster.
But Palmer's willingness to possibly make a short trip across the Bay to San Francisco, where he would back up Colin Kaepernick, reveals his desire to be on the roster of a contending team. Palmer has enjoyed just two winning seasons in nine years with the Raiders and Cincinnati Bengals. Both were in Cincinnati.
After being dealt to Oakland in October 2011, Palmer has been somewhat underwhelming for the Raiders. The former Heisman Trophy winner was 8-16 as a starter and threw 35 touchdowns and 30 interceptions in 25 appearances.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.