Updated Mar 30, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Report: Former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb signs two-year deal with Bills
Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 30, 2013
The Bills appear to be an ideal fit for Kolb, as they just released their former starting quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, on March 12.
Buffalo reportedly thought enough of Kolb to sign him to a multi-year deal according to NFL reporter Adam Kaplan.
So Kolb gets a 2-year, $13 M max deal with the Bills, per source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 31, 2013
Kolb, who was acquired by the Cardinals in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles in July 2011, signed a five-year extension worth $62.1 million upon his arrival in the Valley. In two seasons, he rarely lived up to his rather pricey billing.
In 15 appearances, Kolb threw 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions to go along with 3,124 passing yards. However, injuries plagued his time in Arizona.
After a concussion ended his season prematurely in December 2011, Kolb came back in 2012 and showed real signs of promise. The 28-year-old came in relief of John Skelton in Week 1 and went on to lead Arizona to a 4-1 record. While his stats were impressive in the early going (59.6 completion percentage and eight touchdowns), his body simply couldn't hold up.
In the fourth quarter of the team's Week 6 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills, Kolb was hit awkwardly while sliding and suffered a season-ending rib/sternum injury.
By cutting Kolb earlier in the month, the Cardinals saved $7.5 million against the 2013 cap.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.