Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 12:30 pm
Report: Drew Stanton knew Carson Palmer was possibility for Cardinals
Apparently, he knew that competition could include then (and current) Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer.
Palmer has been linked to the Cardinals for a while now, and he'd certainly represent an upgrade over what the team had at the position last season.
But for Stanton, a career backup who at 28 would appear to be in line to start for the team should they not add another option, the possibility of once again having to watch from the sideline was apparently on the table from the beginning.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?