Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 12:30 pm
Report: Drew Stanton knew Carson Palmer was possibility for Cardinals
Apparently, he knew that competition could include then (and current) Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer.
Palmer has been linked to the Cardinals for a while now, and he'd certainly represent an upgrade over what the team had at the position last season.
But for Stanton, a career backup who at 28 would appear to be in line to start for the team should they not add another option, the possibility of once again having to watch from the sideline was apparently on the table from the beginning.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?