Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Report: Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer 'hit a snag'
A trade between Arizona and Oakland was being worked out, and with the Raiders motivated to move the veteran, a deal appeared likely.
Well, not so fast, according to CBS NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Carson Palmer trade not finalized. Things "hit a snag" according to a source. Unsure if it can be overcome at this point ...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
AZ and OAK have been deep in talks with Palmer working on restructured salary with the Cards, pushing towards a deal. stay tuned— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!