Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Report: Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer 'hit a snag'
A trade between Arizona and Oakland was being worked out, and with the Raiders motivated to move the veteran, a deal appeared likely.
Well, not so fast, according to CBS NFL insider Jason LaCanfora.
Carson Palmer trade not finalized. Things "hit a snag" according to a source. Unsure if it can be overcome at this point ...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
AZ and OAK have been deep in talks with Palmer working on restructured salary with the Cards, pushing towards a deal. stay tuned— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 2, 2013
USA Today reported Palmer's Arizona deal would pay him $8 million in 2013, and would involve the teams swapping late-round picks in 2013 along with the Cardinals parting with another late pick.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.