Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 11:58 am
Cardinals' Bruce Arians outlines draft wish list
The Arizona Cardinals, like most teams in the National Football League, have needs. And like most teams, the Cardinals won't draft solely for need. Rather, they'll draft the best players available when they're on the clock.
That doesn't eliminate a coach's wish list, though. Bruce Arians is about to embark on his first draft experience with the Cardinals, and in an interview Tuesday night on NFL Network, he outlined what he'd like to add to his roster in three weeks.
"Obviously, I'd like to get a couple linemen on both sides of the ball. Guys in our division, the one thing that stands out is how good the lines and trenches are in all the teams that we play against," he told Lindsey Soto.
"We need depth, offensively and defensively, on the lines. I'd like to have a young safety and corner, and any receiver that runs 4.2."
It is interesting to note that the Cardinals have seven draft picks and Arians talked about adding seven players at specific positions.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves