Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Cardinals' Jay Feely gives No. 3 to Palmer
Would he go back to his original No. 9 that he wore in Cincinnati, or would Palmer ask kicker Jay Feely for his No. 3 he sported in college and in Oakland?
Palmer went the latter.
"I'm not big on numbers," Feely told NFL Network's NFL AM crew on Wednesday morning. "He made a donation to my foundation, and we can use that to send kids to college or build homes down in Haiti. There's a lot more meaningful things than a number to me."
"I did it a couple years ago to Kevin Kolb, so I'm just going right back to No. 4," Feely laughed.
While the digit on his back doesn't matter much to Feely, the numbers in the win column do, and he's hoping Palmer can help be the solution to that problem for the Cardinals.
"I think he's going to hopefully bring stability to that position and leadership," Feely said. "You look at the numbers that he's had and the Pro Bowls that he's been to. You look at his numbers last year and I think people don't realize how good his numbers were -- even though they didn't win a lot in Oakland. Hopefully we're just going to compete."
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?