Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 12:40 pm
Cardinals to work out USC QB Matt Barkley
The newest addition will be USC quarterback Matt Barkley who, according to reports, will showcase his skills for Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and company Saturday.
Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620 has confirmed the visit will take place.
Barkley threw for 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior at USC and finished his career with a Pac-12 record 12,327 yards and 116 touchdown passes.
The Cardinals have acquired two quarterbacks this offseason -- trading for another former Trojan in Carson Palmer earlier this week, and signing Indianapolis backup Drew Stanton last month.
Arians appeared on NFL Network Tuesday and outlined what positions he'd like to see the Cardinals address during the draft. Quarterback was not one of them.
Draft pundit Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN has Barkley rated as the second-best quarterback in this year's class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith.
Barkley participated in USC's pro day last month and his performance was described as "so-so" by those in attendance.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.