Updated Apr 4, 2013 - 12:40 pm
Cardinals to work out USC QB Matt Barkley
The newest addition will be USC quarterback Matt Barkley who, according to reports, will showcase his skills for Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians and company Saturday.
Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620 has confirmed the visit will take place.
Barkley threw for 3,273 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior at USC and finished his career with a Pac-12 record 12,327 yards and 116 touchdown passes.
The Cardinals have acquired two quarterbacks this offseason -- trading for another former Trojan in Carson Palmer earlier this week, and signing Indianapolis backup Drew Stanton last month.
Arians appeared on NFL Network Tuesday and outlined what positions he'd like to see the Cardinals address during the draft. Quarterback was not one of them.
Draft pundit Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN has Barkley rated as the second-best quarterback in this year's class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith.
Barkley participated in USC's pro day last month and his performance was described as "so-so" by those in attendance.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!