Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 3:18 pm
SI's Peter King to host pre-Tillman Run Tweetup
Thus far, the grants have benefited 232 men and women in attending 71 academic institutions across the nation.
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Peter King will help the cause by hosting a Tweetup Friday, April 19th, from 5-7 p.m. at Tom's Tavern in downtown Phoenix. For those who have never participated, Tweetups are events arranged by a person or organization through announcements on their Twitter account for their followers to attend.
"We're going to try to fund one scholarship for one of the Pat Tillman Scholars," King told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Tickets cost $40 per person and space is limited to the first 250 people who purchase one.
With each paid admission, guests will receive happy hour food, access to carbo-loading pasta stations and two drink tickets redeemable for draft beer and wine.
Additionally, the Tweetup includes a Q&A session with Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill, head coach Bruce Arians as well as general manager Steve Keim.
"It'll be a week before the draft, ask Steve Keim, ‘you've got this top-ten pick, who are you taking,'" King said jokingly. "We'll see how he can tap dance around that."
One-hundred percent of the proceeds will go to The Pat Tillman Foundation.
"To me, I say anything you could do to help the Tillman Foundation, anything, is something that we should all be doing," King said. "Whatever you spend it'll help a veteran or veteran spouse go to college."
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.