Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 3:18 pm
SI's Peter King to host pre-Tillman Run Tweetup
Thus far, the grants have benefited 232 men and women in attending 71 academic institutions across the nation.
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Peter King will help the cause by hosting a Tweetup Friday, April 19th, from 5-7 p.m. at Tom's Tavern in downtown Phoenix. For those who have never participated, Tweetups are events arranged by a person or organization through announcements on their Twitter account for their followers to attend.
"We're going to try to fund one scholarship for one of the Pat Tillman Scholars," King told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Tickets cost $40 per person and space is limited to the first 250 people who purchase one.
With each paid admission, guests will receive happy hour food, access to carbo-loading pasta stations and two drink tickets redeemable for draft beer and wine.
Additionally, the Tweetup includes a Q&A session with Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill, head coach Bruce Arians as well as general manager Steve Keim.
"It'll be a week before the draft, ask Steve Keim, ‘you've got this top-ten pick, who are you taking,'" King said jokingly. "We'll see how he can tap dance around that."
One-hundred percent of the proceeds will go to The Pat Tillman Foundation.
"To me, I say anything you could do to help the Tillman Foundation, anything, is something that we should all be doing," King said. "Whatever you spend it'll help a veteran or veteran spouse go to college."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up