Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Arizona Cardinal Ryan Williams remains as confident as ever
That's five games in two years.
Williams suffered a torn patella tendon in a preseason game in 2011, and then needed season-ending shoulder surgery after a Week 5 loss to the Rams in 2012.
Still, the young player's confidence is hardly shaken.
"I'm very confident, very confident," Williams told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "As far as coming back, as far as being that playmaker that they brought me here to be, with everything I'm very confident."
Williams, who ran for 164 yards on 58 carries last season, said he's at a point in his rehab where he's doing things he could not even do during the season.
The former Virginia Tech star said he feels good right now, to the point where he says if he felt the way he does now during the season, he would have played "a good 50 percent better than I did."
"Rehab is going well, the strengthening part is going well, everything is going well," he said. "My stars are aligned right now so things are really looking good, and I'm anxious and excited to get back out there."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.