Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 12:36 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals are sleeper team in NFC West
With the seventh-toughest schedule in the league, head coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals have a tough road ahead of them in 2013.
But NFL Network analyst Heath Evans believes Arizona is a sleeper team in the West.
"You get Bruce Arians ... give them Carson Palmer, we know Larry Fitzgerald, (and) Rashard Mendenhall if he's healthy -- you can imagine a team that's very physical," Evans said. "I can see this team making a push inside that division."
Evans acknowledged the team's hiccups in 2012, but he said you can't ignore the Cardinals defense.
"I know this team won four straight then lost a whole bunch with only one win down the stretch, but this team plays good defense," Evans said. "You look at their record from last year, they only got blown out one time in Seattle -- it was 58-0.
"But this defense, despite what was going on on the offensive side of the ball, kind of maintained their poise throughout the year."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!