Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 12:36 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals are sleeper team in NFC West
With the seventh-toughest schedule in the league, head coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals have a tough road ahead of them in 2013.
But NFL Network analyst Heath Evans believes Arizona is a sleeper team in the West.
"You get Bruce Arians ... give them Carson Palmer, we know Larry Fitzgerald, (and) Rashard Mendenhall if he's healthy -- you can imagine a team that's very physical," Evans said. "I can see this team making a push inside that division."
Evans acknowledged the team's hiccups in 2012, but he said you can't ignore the Cardinals defense.
"I know this team won four straight then lost a whole bunch with only one win down the stretch, but this team plays good defense," Evans said. "You look at their record from last year, they only got blown out one time in Seattle -- it was 58-0.
"But this defense, despite what was going on on the offensive side of the ball, kind of maintained their poise throughout the year."
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves