Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 12:36 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals are sleeper team in NFC West
With the seventh-toughest schedule in the league, head coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals have a tough road ahead of them in 2013.
But NFL Network analyst Heath Evans believes Arizona is a sleeper team in the West.
"You get Bruce Arians ... give them Carson Palmer, we know Larry Fitzgerald, (and) Rashard Mendenhall if he's healthy -- you can imagine a team that's very physical," Evans said. "I can see this team making a push inside that division."
Evans acknowledged the team's hiccups in 2012, but he said you can't ignore the Cardinals defense.
"I know this team won four straight then lost a whole bunch with only one win down the stretch, but this team plays good defense," Evans said. "You look at their record from last year, they only got blown out one time in Seattle -- it was 58-0.
"But this defense, despite what was going on on the offensive side of the ball, kind of maintained their poise throughout the year."
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.