Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 12:36 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals are sleeper team in NFC West
With the seventh-toughest schedule in the league, head coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals have a tough road ahead of them in 2013.
But NFL Network analyst Heath Evans believes Arizona is a sleeper team in the West.
"You get Bruce Arians ... give them Carson Palmer, we know Larry Fitzgerald, (and) Rashard Mendenhall if he's healthy -- you can imagine a team that's very physical," Evans said. "I can see this team making a push inside that division."
Evans acknowledged the team's hiccups in 2012, but he said you can't ignore the Cardinals defense.
"I know this team won four straight then lost a whole bunch with only one win down the stretch, but this team plays good defense," Evans said. "You look at their record from last year, they only got blown out one time in Seattle -- it was 58-0.
"But this defense, despite what was going on on the offensive side of the ball, kind of maintained their poise throughout the year."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?