Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 12:36 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals are sleeper team in NFC West
With the seventh-toughest schedule in the league, head coach Bruce Arians and the Cardinals have a tough road ahead of them in 2013.
But NFL Network analyst Heath Evans believes Arizona is a sleeper team in the West.
"You get Bruce Arians ... give them Carson Palmer, we know Larry Fitzgerald, (and) Rashard Mendenhall if he's healthy -- you can imagine a team that's very physical," Evans said. "I can see this team making a push inside that division."
Evans acknowledged the team's hiccups in 2012, but he said you can't ignore the Cardinals defense.
"I know this team won four straight then lost a whole bunch with only one win down the stretch, but this team plays good defense," Evans said. "You look at their record from last year, they only got blown out one time in Seattle -- it was 58-0.
"But this defense, despite what was going on on the offensive side of the ball, kind of maintained their poise throughout the year."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.