Updated Apr 23, 2013 - 6:22 pm
Carson Palmer excited about Bruce Arians' offense
They're still 138 days from lining up for real against the St. Louis Rams in their 2013 season opener, but the team's workout was significant -- mostly because their new starting quarterback Carson Palmer was working with his new teammates at full speed for the first time.
Palmer, who was acquired from the Oakland Raiders in a trade earlier this month, couldn't be more excited to work with new head coach Bruce Arians, who brought his offensive system with him after one season as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis.
"For being three weeks into a playbook and having a playbook to take home and film to watch of what Coach Arians did last year with his offense, it's a phenomenal system," Palmer said. "It's been very productive, it's won Super Bowls. He's coached against the best and for the best and I'm excited to keep installing and keep getting deeper and deeper into the book."
That offensive system produced 5,799 yards in Indianapolis -- the tenth-most in the league. And considering that the Colts' quarterback, leading rusher and third-leading receiver were all rookies, the numbers become more impressive.
"I think it's very, I guess user-friendly would be the right word," Palmer said of Arians' system. "There's a lot on film to watch, there's plenty of text in the playbooks and the diagrams and the pictures. It's easy to learn, but it's not easy.
"Some systems you get in, it's difficult to learn because there's not a lot of history of it. There's a ton of this history of this offense and a lot of history of this offense being successful and you can watch it be successful. So it is a user-friendly or easy offense to get used to and get to know."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.