Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Report: Cardinals targeting tackle Lane Johnson
Well, we'll see.
According to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, the team is very much hoping to land a tackle at No. 7.
Stationed at team headquarters, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported on "Around the League" the Cardinals are hoping to snag Johnson with the No. 7 overall pick.
The question is whether Johnson will be on the board past the first five picks. The Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions both need tackles, and NFL.com's Albert Breer points out Johnson would be an ideal fit for Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.
Johnson is regarded by many as one of the best prospects in the draft, because while he is not as polished as Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, he has more upside.
However, as is already noted, other teams may feel the same way about the player, and six are scheduled to make a pick before the Cardinals are on the clock.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.