Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Report: Cardinals targeting tackle Lane Johnson
Well, we'll see.
According to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, the team is very much hoping to land a tackle at No. 7.
Stationed at team headquarters, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported on "Around the League" the Cardinals are hoping to snag Johnson with the No. 7 overall pick.
The question is whether Johnson will be on the board past the first five picks. The Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions both need tackles, and NFL.com's Albert Breer points out Johnson would be an ideal fit for Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.
Johnson is regarded by many as one of the best prospects in the draft, because while he is not as polished as Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, he has more upside.
However, as is already noted, other teams may feel the same way about the player, and six are scheduled to make a pick before the Cardinals are on the clock.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.