Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Report: Cardinals targeting tackle Lane Johnson
Well, we'll see.
According to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, the team is very much hoping to land a tackle at No. 7.
Stationed at team headquarters, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported on "Around the League" the Cardinals are hoping to snag Johnson with the No. 7 overall pick.
The question is whether Johnson will be on the board past the first five picks. The Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions both need tackles, and NFL.com's Albert Breer points out Johnson would be an ideal fit for Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.
Johnson is regarded by many as one of the best prospects in the draft, because while he is not as polished as Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, he has more upside.
However, as is already noted, other teams may feel the same way about the player, and six are scheduled to make a pick before the Cardinals are on the clock.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.