Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Report: Cardinals targeting tackle Lane Johnson
Well, we'll see.
According to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, the team is very much hoping to land a tackle at No. 7.
Stationed at team headquarters, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported on "Around the League" the Cardinals are hoping to snag Johnson with the No. 7 overall pick.
The question is whether Johnson will be on the board past the first five picks. The Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions both need tackles, and NFL.com's Albert Breer points out Johnson would be an ideal fit for Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.
Johnson is regarded by many as one of the best prospects in the draft, because while he is not as polished as Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, he has more upside.
However, as is already noted, other teams may feel the same way about the player, and six are scheduled to make a pick before the Cardinals are on the clock.
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?