Updated Apr 26, 2013 - 9:29 pm
Jonathan Cooper throws out first pitch before D-backs' game
The Arizona Cardinals' first round pick out of North Carolina has been a busy man since he heard his name called by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.
Cooper, who became the first guard to go in the top 10 of the draft since 1997, was introduced to the media Friday. Following his press conference and other interview commitments, the newest Cardinals offensive lineman had another introduction to make.
As is often customary, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Derrick Hall graciously invited Cooper to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the team's game against the Colorado Rockies.
While the 6-foot-2 guard likely has no plans to quit his day job, from multiple Twitter reports, he might have a future in the D-backs' bullpen. Cooper reportedly threw a strike on the outside corner to Patrick Corbin.
Not a bad first day for the No. 7 overall pick.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.