Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 8:48 am
Report: Cardinals open to trading QB Brian Hoyer
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might also be using the final day of the draft to unload some unnecessary depth. Specifically at the quarterback position, where the Cardinals already have Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton penciled in at No. 1 and No. 2 on the depth chart.
The Cardinals claimed Hoyer in December 2012 after he was put on waivers by the Pittsburgh. The four-year veteran appeared in two games with Arizona, including a Week 17 start against the San Francisco 49ers. On the season, Hoyer was 30-of-57 for 330 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
Back in March, Hoyer signed his second-round restricted-free-agent tender to remain with the Cardinals on a one-year deal.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.