Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 8:48 am
Report: Cardinals open to trading QB Brian Hoyer
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might also be using the final day of the draft to unload some unnecessary depth. Specifically at the quarterback position, where the Cardinals already have Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton penciled in at No. 1 and No. 2 on the depth chart.
The Cardinals claimed Hoyer in December 2012 after he was put on waivers by the Pittsburgh. The four-year veteran appeared in two games with Arizona, including a Week 17 start against the San Francisco 49ers. On the season, Hoyer was 30-of-57 for 330 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
Back in March, Hoyer signed his second-round restricted-free-agent tender to remain with the Cardinals on a one-year deal.
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.