Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 2:52 pm
Cardinals pick OG Earl Watford with second fourth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Watford, who is the second guard (Jonathan Cooper) to be taken by the Cardinals through their first five picks, played 32 career games with the Dukes, including 26 starts.
"I'm excited," Watford said in a conference call Saturday. "It's crazy being able to go in the fourth round out of JMU, that's a big deal here."
He was named to the first team All-CAA in 2011 and was an AFCA All-American in 2012.
The 6-foot-4 guard is the first player to be selected in the NFL draft out of JMU since 2010 (Arthur Moats and Scotty McGee).
"I played a lot of good players, they might not be the SEC schools or anything like that," said Watford. "But I played against good competition and proved that I can play against great competition being an All-Star game. I'm a hard worker and am excited to show what I can do in the NFL on Sundays."
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.