Updated Apr 28, 2013 - 8:18 am
Cardinals snag RB Andre Ellington with second sixth-round selection
Keim followed up his fifth-round selection of Stanford's Stepfan Taylor by taking Clemson running back Andre Ellington with the No. 187 pick in the sixth round.
"Wherever they need me to play, I'll play," Ellington said in a conference call Saturday. "I have big-play ability, that's something I thrived off of my whole season and career in college. I feel like I'm a guy who can come in and give the offense a spark."
In 2012, the 5-foot-9 Ellington ran for 1,081 yards (second in the ACC) and 8 touchdowns. He made the first-team All-ACC in 2012 and was named to the conference's second team in 2010 and 2011.
The former Tigers halfback ran for 3,436 yards and 33 touchdowns (third-most in program history) during his four years at Clemson. He was a three-year starter from 2010-12.
"For me, being an undersized back it's just a mentality thing I've always worked on and thrived off of," said Ellington. "I'm not afraid to go in there and put my helmet on bigger guys coming at me."
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves