Updated Apr 28, 2013 - 8:18 am
Cardinals snag RB Andre Ellington with second sixth-round selection
Keim followed up his fifth-round selection of Stanford's Stepfan Taylor by taking Clemson running back Andre Ellington with the No. 187 pick in the sixth round.
"Wherever they need me to play, I'll play," Ellington said in a conference call Saturday. "I have big-play ability, that's something I thrived off of my whole season and career in college. I feel like I'm a guy who can come in and give the offense a spark."
In 2012, the 5-foot-9 Ellington ran for 1,081 yards (second in the ACC) and 8 touchdowns. He made the first-team All-ACC in 2012 and was named to the conference's second team in 2010 and 2011.
The former Tigers halfback ran for 3,436 yards and 33 touchdowns (third-most in program history) during his four years at Clemson. He was a three-year starter from 2010-12.
"For me, being an undersized back it's just a mentality thing I've always worked on and thrived off of," said Ellington. "I'm not afraid to go in there and put my helmet on bigger guys coming at me."
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!