Updated May 1, 2013 - 11:16 am
Cardinals trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs for Javier Arenas
Sherman, who was drafted by the team in 2011, was not a good fit for the offense new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians wants to run. In two years with the team, he gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. The former fifth-round pick was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield and on special teams.
In Arenas, the Cardinals are getting a 5-foot-9, 197-pound defensive back who was a second-round pick of the Chiefs' out of Alabama in 2010.
He's spent his entire three-year career in Kansas City, where he's picked off two passes, earned four sacks and been in on 136 tackles.
Arenas, who is the cousin of former University of Arizona and NBA star Gilbert Arenas, has also spent time as a punt and kick returner.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.