Updated May 3, 2013 - 11:59 am
Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington suspected to be involved in domestic dispute
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Police Department has been investigating a domestic dispute in which a woman claims she was the victim of an incident involving Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington.
When police arrived to the home in Ahwatukee on Wednesday Washington had left. Sources say there are clear indications the victim had been physically attacked.
As of Friday morning, police said they have spoken with Washington and are planning to provide an update to the situation Friday afternoon.
"These are serious accusations that we are closely monitoring. Until all the facts are determined, and out of respect for the process, we will decline any further comment at this point," a Cardinals spokesperson said in a statement.
Washington, 26, was suspended by the NFL earlier this offseason for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
When Washington was 17 and before he became a star at Texas Christian he had a run-in with the law that put him on probation until 2009.
He and a group of now-former friends were involved in a fight, and they stole money from the lone victim. They were later arrested, and Washington — charged as an adult — ultimately received probation time for robbery that didn't end until last year.
He was a Pro Bowl alternate who got to play in the game after posting 134 tackles -- 108 solo -- and nine sacks in 2012. For his career, the former second-round pick out of TCU has accumulated 319 tackles, 15 sacks and four interceptions. He signed a six-year, $32 million contract extension prior to the 2012 season.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!