Updated May 3, 2013 - 11:59 am
Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington suspected to be involved in domestic dispute
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Police Department has been investigating a domestic dispute in which a woman claims she was the victim of an incident involving Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington.
When police arrived to the home in Ahwatukee on Wednesday Washington had left. Sources say there are clear indications the victim had been physically attacked.
As of Friday morning, police said they have spoken with Washington and are planning to provide an update to the situation Friday afternoon.
"These are serious accusations that we are closely monitoring. Until all the facts are determined, and out of respect for the process, we will decline any further comment at this point," a Cardinals spokesperson said in a statement.
Washington, 26, was suspended by the NFL earlier this offseason for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
When Washington was 17 and before he became a star at Texas Christian he had a run-in with the law that put him on probation until 2009.
He and a group of now-former friends were involved in a fight, and they stole money from the lone victim. They were later arrested, and Washington — charged as an adult — ultimately received probation time for robbery that didn't end until last year.
He was a Pro Bowl alternate who got to play in the game after posting 134 tackles -- 108 solo -- and nine sacks in 2012. For his career, the former second-round pick out of TCU has accumulated 319 tackles, 15 sacks and four interceptions. He signed a six-year, $32 million contract extension prior to the 2012 season.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b