Updated May 7, 2013 - 8:27 am
Cardinals' Campbell: Daryl Washington is a 'guy we need on the field'
Daryl Washington's legal troubles are certainly cause for concern for the Arizona Cardinals, especially with a defense that could be without one of their key contributors next season.
Washington is under investigation for two counts of aggravated assault stemming from an incident with his ex-girlfriend. He was also suspended by the league for four games due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Cardinals' defensive end Calais Campbell told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Monday that while he isn't privy to the details surrounding Washington's situation, he is hopeful to have his teammate back on the field.
"One thing I know for sure is I love playing with [Washington]," Campbell said. "He's an awesome guy. He's going through a tough situation right now and I don't really know all the facts and the situation and all that went down but just as a teammate he's a great guy."
Campbell said he is hopeful the Cardinals won't be without Washington for too long.
"I know him well and he's a guy that I just love playing with so I hope everything works out for the best and we don't lose him for too long because he's a guy we need on the field," Campbell stated.
Washington had 134 tackles and nine sacks for Arizona last season and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate. He has compiled 319 tackles, 15 sacks and four interceptions over his three-year career with the Cardinals.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.