Updated May 13, 2013 - 12:14 pm
Arizona Cardinals restructure personnel department
Dru Grigson has been promoted to director of college scouting, while Quentin Harris is now the director of pro scouting and Josh Scobey has been elevated to pro scout.
The team also hired Terry McDonough as an eastern regional scout. McDonough is the brother of new Phoenix Suns general manager Ryan McDonough.
Debbie Pollom will serve as college scouting coordinator, and the team also added Glen Fox and Darius Vinnett, who will both serve as scouting assistants.
More on each, as provided by the team in a press release:
Grigson has been the team's regional scout in charge of the eastern half of the country since 2010. He is entering his sixth season with the Cardinals after joining the team in 2008 as a college scout. Prior to joining the Cardinals, Grigson spent a year with the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL as a scout. His brother, Ryan, is the General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts.
Harris has been the team's Assistant Pro Personnel Director since being elevated to that position in 2010. He is entering his sixth year with the Cardinals after joining the team as a pro scout in 2008 following his NFL playing days. Harris played four seasons for the Cardinals as a safety after signing with the team as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2002 out of Syracuse.
Scobey joined the Cardinals as a scouting assistant in 2012 after playing six seasons in the NFL, including two years with Arizona after he was drafted by the team in the sixth-round (185th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft out of Kansas State. He also played with Seattle (2005-07) and Buffalo (2007).
McDonough joins the Cardinals after spending the past 10 years with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including the last four seasons as the team's Director of Player Personnel. His brother, Ryan, was recently named General Manager of the Phoenix Suns. Terry joined the Jaguars in 2003 after working with the Cleveland Browns (1992-95) and then the Ravens (1996-2003) after the organization moved to Baltimore. He began his scouting career as an intern with the 49ers in 1989 before being named player personnel director with the Barcelona Dragons of the World League in 1990. McDonough is the son of the late Will McDonough, the long-time columnist for the Boston Globe and his other brother, Sean, is a play-by-play announcer on ESPN.
Mancini comes to the Cardinals after working the past 18 years with the St. Louis Rams, including the last 16 in the team's personnel department. He will scout the Midwest region of the country for the Cardinals. Mancini spent 10 years as a college scout with the Rams before serving as Director of College Scouting from 2009-12. He joined the Rams in their inaugural season in St. Louis in 1995 and began his scouting career as an assistant in 1997. He has worked on both the pro and college sides of personnel over his 16 seasons in scouting.
Pollom joined the Cardinals this offseason after spending the last 21 seasons with the Rams, including the last 12 seasons as the Director of Scouting Administration. She began her career as a player personnel assistant with the Memphis Showboats of the USFL in 1983. She then worked for the Chicago Blitz in 1984 before working for the Cleveland Browns from 1984-89. Pollom was as a Pro Scouting Assistant for New England for two seasons (1990-91) before joining the Los Angeles Rams as a player personnel assistant in 1992.
Fox earned his degree from South Dakota State where he also played wide receiver. He was with the Green Bay Packers during the 2010 preseason and also played professionally in the Arena League (Arizona Rattlers, Orlando Predators), United Football League (Omaha Nighthawks, Sacramento Mountain Lions) and Canadian Football League (Montreal Alouettes).
Vinnett is a University of Arkansas alum and played defensive back for the Razorbacks. He played in the NFL with the Rams and Falcons (2007-09) and also played in the UFL with the Virginia Destroyers and Florida Tuskers. Most recently he worked as an assistant coach at Tulane.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!