Updated May 29, 2013 - 9:31 am
Notable debuts in Arizona sports history
It was a big deal. She is a big deal.
Though she is the biggest thing to hit the WNBA, the 6-foot-8 rookie is just another in a long list of sports stars to call the Valley home. Each one of them had a debut -- some better than others -- and we thought it'd be fun to take a look back.
So, presented in no particular order, here are some of the more notable debuts in Arizona sports history.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.