Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 11:24 am
Cardinals assistant Freddie Kitchens undergoes heart surgery
Arizona Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens underwent surgery Tuesday night to fix a defect in his aorta.
According to Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton, Kitchens began feeling ill during Tuesday's practice.
After being evaluated by the team's medical staff it was determined that he should be taken to the hospital for more evaluation and testing. During that process, a CT scan revealed a defect to his aorta that required surgery, which he had Tuesday night at the Arizona Heart Institute.
Dalton reports that doctors said the surgery went well and the early prognosis is positive.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.