Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 12:56 pm
Tyrann Mathieu reminds Carson Palmer of Troy Polamalu
As such, he likely knows quite a bit about Troy Polamalu, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety who has been terrorizing offenses since 2003.
So, when Palmer compares someone to the future Hall of Famer, it's worth taking notice. And, when that person is rookie Tyrann Mathieu, well, waves are made.
According to SportsIllustrated.com's Peter King, who was in town last week to check out the team, Palmer is impressed with what he's seen from Mathieu.
"He reminds of Troy Polamalu with his closing speed,'' said Palmer. "He might not be the fastest guy out there, but he can change directions and get to the ball really fast, like Troy.''
Sounds good, right?
That Mathieu has impressed as he transitions from cornerback to safety is a good sign. Having essentially not played in a year due to being dismissed from the LSU team with drug issues, he is trying to rebuild his image and get his career back on track.
And, if the early accounts are any indication, Mathieu is well on his way.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves