Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 12:56 pm
Tyrann Mathieu reminds Carson Palmer of Troy Polamalu
As such, he likely knows quite a bit about Troy Polamalu, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety who has been terrorizing offenses since 2003.
So, when Palmer compares someone to the future Hall of Famer, it's worth taking notice. And, when that person is rookie Tyrann Mathieu, well, waves are made.
According to SportsIllustrated.com's Peter King, who was in town last week to check out the team, Palmer is impressed with what he's seen from Mathieu.
"He reminds of Troy Polamalu with his closing speed,'' said Palmer. "He might not be the fastest guy out there, but he can change directions and get to the ball really fast, like Troy.''
Sounds good, right?
That Mathieu has impressed as he transitions from cornerback to safety is a good sign. Having essentially not played in a year due to being dismissed from the LSU team with drug issues, he is trying to rebuild his image and get his career back on track.
And, if the early accounts are any indication, Mathieu is well on his way.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.