Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens released from hospital
According to the team, Kitchens, who had a defect in his aorta, has been cleared by doctors to continue his recovery at home though he will be restricted on some levels. He is expected to be ready to return to the team, at least on a limited basis, at some point during training camp.
"There are so many people that I'll be indebted to for the rest of my life and ‘thank you' just doesn't seem near enough," Kitchens said in a statement, before thanking the Cardinals' medical staff. "They recognized immediately that something was wrong, even when I wouldn't admit it. They knew enough to send me right away to Chandler Regional (Medical Center) where the ER staff and attending physician jumped right in and knew how critical the situation was."
Kitchens, 38, is thankful to be alive.
"Looking back, I have no doubt -- none whatsoever -- that I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the those people," he said.
Kitchens went on to say he has been "overwhelmed by the prayers and kindness" he's received.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.