Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens released from hospital
According to the team, Kitchens, who had a defect in his aorta, has been cleared by doctors to continue his recovery at home though he will be restricted on some levels. He is expected to be ready to return to the team, at least on a limited basis, at some point during training camp.
"There are so many people that I'll be indebted to for the rest of my life and ‘thank you' just doesn't seem near enough," Kitchens said in a statement, before thanking the Cardinals' medical staff. "They recognized immediately that something was wrong, even when I wouldn't admit it. They knew enough to send me right away to Chandler Regional (Medical Center) where the ER staff and attending physician jumped right in and knew how critical the situation was."
Kitchens, 38, is thankful to be alive.
"Looking back, I have no doubt -- none whatsoever -- that I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the those people," he said.
Kitchens went on to say he has been "overwhelmed by the prayers and kindness" he's received.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.