Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 10:08 am
Larry Fitzgerald ranked 22nd-best player in the NFL
For his career, the reception total is third worst, yard total second worst, and touchdown total THE worst.
But Fitz's NFL peers aren't too down on him, as they rated him as the 22nd-best player in the league, according to the NFL Network. He was ranked seventh last year.
Though a significant drop, most view it as a sign of respect for the player, with the idea being that quarterback play -- not his talent -- was the impetus for the down season.
"He's got sticky fingers; he catches everything," Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman said. "I had the opportunity to play him this year, and he didn't really drop anything.
"That's what makes him so effective."
For the record, Fitzgerald notched eight receptions for 111 yards in a loss to Tillman's Bears.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?