Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 10:08 am
Larry Fitzgerald ranked 22nd-best player in the NFL
For his career, the reception total is third worst, yard total second worst, and touchdown total THE worst.
But Fitz's NFL peers aren't too down on him, as they rated him as the 22nd-best player in the league, according to the NFL Network. He was ranked seventh last year.
Though a significant drop, most view it as a sign of respect for the player, with the idea being that quarterback play -- not his talent -- was the impetus for the down season.
"He's got sticky fingers; he catches everything," Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman said. "I had the opportunity to play him this year, and he didn't really drop anything.
"That's what makes him so effective."
For the record, Fitzgerald notched eight receptions for 111 yards in a loss to Tillman's Bears.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!