Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 10:08 am
Larry Fitzgerald ranked 22nd-best player in the NFL
For his career, the reception total is third worst, yard total second worst, and touchdown total THE worst.
But Fitz's NFL peers aren't too down on him, as they rated him as the 22nd-best player in the league, according to the NFL Network. He was ranked seventh last year.
Though a significant drop, most view it as a sign of respect for the player, with the idea being that quarterback play -- not his talent -- was the impetus for the down season.
"He's got sticky fingers; he catches everything," Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman said. "I had the opportunity to play him this year, and he didn't really drop anything.
"That's what makes him so effective."
For the record, Fitzgerald notched eight receptions for 111 yards in a loss to Tillman's Bears.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.