Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 11:02 am
Darnell Dockett acknowledges what we all knew: Cardinals QBs stunk
They were sacked 58 times.
So, really, it goes without saying that the quartet of Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer left something to be desired. Mainly, you know, skill.
Their struggles kept the Cardinals' offense down, and nowhere was that more evident than in Larry Fitzgerald's numbers. Sure, he still reached the Pro Bowl, but Fitz accounted for just 798 yards on 71 receptions with only four touchdowns.
The reception total is the third-lowest of his career, the yardage figure the second-lowest and touchdown number the lowest. And at 29, some may be wondering if Fitz's days as one of the league's best wideouts are coming to a close.
Teammate Darnell Dockett is not one of them.
Looks like Dockett, much like the rest of us, attribute's the team's shortcomings in 2012 to the fact that its QBs were not any good.
But now, with former Pro Bowler Carson Palmer under center, that should no longer be the case.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.