Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 2:50 pm
Sporting News: Michael Floyd a breakout candidate for 2013
Forty-five receptions, 562 yards, two touchdowns.
However, while the former Notre Dame star did not exactly stand out, Floyd did record 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over the final three games of the year, including an eight-reception, 166-yard and one touchdown performance in the season finale against the San Francisco 49ers.
He gave us all a glimpse of what could be in store, and according to Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer, the former No. 13 pick is number three on a list of players primed for a breakout 2013.
Arizona drafted the former Notre Dame star thinking he would be a terrific complement to its established superstar, Larry Fitzgerald. That didn't come to fruition as Floyd saw little time on the field as a rookie. But like it does for many young receivers, the light has started to come on during Floyd's second offseason. It helps the Cardinals now have a legitimate quarterback, Carson Palmer, who can get the ball to him as the No. 2 or No. 3 option.
The team's struggles at quarterback last season likely kept everyone's numbers down, as even Larry Fitzgerald struggled with the quartet of John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer leading the offense.
And if Palmer, who was brought in during the offseason, can plug that hole, the rest of the offense -- Floyd included -- stands to benefit greatly.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.