Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 2:43 pm
Palmer and Fitzgerald, NFL's best new duo?
In total, he has been on the receiving end of touchdown passes by 11 different passers, some of whom (John Navarre, Richard Bartel, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall) were never really heard from again.
Odds are Carson Palmer will be quarterback number 12 on the list, as Arizona's new signal caller is expected to stabilize the position and hopefully give the Cardinals a QB/WR combination similar to when No. 13 was under center.
And as far as former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst LaDanian Tomlinson is concerned, the Palmer to Fitz duo is the best new one formed this past offseason.
"You think about what Larry did last year with who's who of quarterbacks," LT said, noting his stats. "You take on top of that, you look at what Carson Palmer did in Oakland. Still 4,000 yards passing, 61 percent completion percentage, that's very productive."
Tomlinson added that combined with new coach Bruce Arians, who has a reputation for getting the most out of his offenses, and you have the recipe for a dynamic combination.
"I think they're going to have a big year together," he said.
The Cardinals and their fans can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.