Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 2:43 pm
Palmer and Fitzgerald, NFL's best new duo?
In total, he has been on the receiving end of touchdown passes by 11 different passers, some of whom (John Navarre, Richard Bartel, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall) were never really heard from again.
Odds are Carson Palmer will be quarterback number 12 on the list, as Arizona's new signal caller is expected to stabilize the position and hopefully give the Cardinals a QB/WR combination similar to when No. 13 was under center.
And as far as former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst LaDanian Tomlinson is concerned, the Palmer to Fitz duo is the best new one formed this past offseason.
"You think about what Larry did last year with who's who of quarterbacks," LT said, noting his stats. "You take on top of that, you look at what Carson Palmer did in Oakland. Still 4,000 yards passing, 61 percent completion percentage, that's very productive."
Tomlinson added that combined with new coach Bruce Arians, who has a reputation for getting the most out of his offenses, and you have the recipe for a dynamic combination.
"I think they're going to have a big year together," he said.
The Cardinals and their fans can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials