Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 5:10 pm
ESPN: Cardinals guard Cooper to be top-10 lineman in 2016
Considered to be "NFL ready," Cooper is expected to start for the team in his first season.
And by his fourth season, which will be 2016, ESPN.com's Gary Horton believes Cooper will be one of the 10-best linemen in the NFL.
In an ESPN Insider piece titled "Top 10 O-linemen for 2016," the former North Carolina Tar Heel comes in 10th.
The more you watch this guy on film, the better you like him. He is one of the best young "space" players in the NFL. His athletic ability and range are terrific for an interior lineman. He can pull and get around the edge. He can get to the second level inside and block safeties and linebackers. He has natural bend and leverage skills. Although he hasn't had a lot of experience at making line calls, he easily could slide to center. He can fit well in a zone blocking scheme. This guy really has a high ceiling.
Cooper is one of three guards on the list, and he joins fellow '13 draftees Eric Fisher (2) and Lane Johnson (4) and Luke Joeckel (5) on the list.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.