Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 5:10 pm
ESPN: Cardinals guard Cooper to be top-10 lineman in 2016
Considered to be "NFL ready," Cooper is expected to start for the team in his first season.
And by his fourth season, which will be 2016, ESPN.com's Gary Horton believes Cooper will be one of the 10-best linemen in the NFL.
In an ESPN Insider piece titled "Top 10 O-linemen for 2016," the former North Carolina Tar Heel comes in 10th.
The more you watch this guy on film, the better you like him. He is one of the best young "space" players in the NFL. His athletic ability and range are terrific for an interior lineman. He can pull and get around the edge. He can get to the second level inside and block safeties and linebackers. He has natural bend and leverage skills. Although he hasn't had a lot of experience at making line calls, he easily could slide to center. He can fit well in a zone blocking scheme. This guy really has a high ceiling.
Cooper is one of three guards on the list, and he joins fellow '13 draftees Eric Fisher (2) and Lane Johnson (4) and Luke Joeckel (5) on the list.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?