Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 5:10 pm
ESPN: Cardinals guard Cooper to be top-10 lineman in 2016
Considered to be "NFL ready," Cooper is expected to start for the team in his first season.
And by his fourth season, which will be 2016, ESPN.com's Gary Horton believes Cooper will be one of the 10-best linemen in the NFL.
In an ESPN Insider piece titled "Top 10 O-linemen for 2016," the former North Carolina Tar Heel comes in 10th.
The more you watch this guy on film, the better you like him. He is one of the best young "space" players in the NFL. His athletic ability and range are terrific for an interior lineman. He can pull and get around the edge. He can get to the second level inside and block safeties and linebackers. He has natural bend and leverage skills. Although he hasn't had a lot of experience at making line calls, he easily could slide to center. He can fit well in a zone blocking scheme. This guy really has a high ceiling.
Cooper is one of three guards on the list, and he joins fellow '13 draftees Eric Fisher (2) and Lane Johnson (4) and Luke Joeckel (5) on the list.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.