Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 2:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals contribute to Yarnell Fire assistance effort
The team sent a contingent of people to an American Red Cross Shelter in Prescott Tuesday to meet with displaced homeowners and other service personnel. The group included player David Carter, mascot Big Red, Nicole Bidwill and her rescue dog Barney.
"In a situation like this you want to show them as much love and support as you possibly can," Carter said.
Along with the visiting contingent, team president Michael Bidwill delivered a check for $100,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona Tuesday, which will go toward providing immediate financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
"Our hearts go out to all of those affected by the devastating and tragic events this week, especially the families of the 19 brave members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives serving our community," said Michael Bidwill. "Our team is proud to assist the ongoing efforts and encourage our fans, the community and Arizona businesses to support these relief initiatives."
The team is also planning additional fundraising and assistance initiatives that will coincide with the start if Cardinals training camp.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.