NFL.com writer: Cardinals have reasons for optimism
How much better remains to be seen, but in a story where NFL.com's writers were asked which teams have reason for optimism, Adam Rank chose the Cardinals.
There is a lot of buzz around the NFC West, with the Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and even the St. Louis FC generating some preseason hype. And it's all well deserved. However, the Arizona Cardinals have many reasons to be optimistic this year.
Last season, the Cardinals started 4-0 (including a win at New England) before the bottom fell out. Now, with new quarterback Carson Palmer and new coach Bruce Arians to go along with a standout defense, the Cardinals should be able to challenge for the NFC West title.
Rank's comments seem to echo much of what has been said about the Cards, that they certainly improved but have the unfortunate challenge of residing in what might be the NFL's toughest division.
Other teams listed are the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants and Miami Dolphins.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi