Cardinals' Patrick Peterson ranks as top-10 most versatile player
Just watch him return a punt if you need visual proof.
Anyway, Peterson's talents have sent him to the Pro Bowl each of his first two seasons, in 2011 as a punt returner and in 2012 as a cornerback.
But that's not all he can do, and as ESPN's Gary Horton notes in an ESPN Insider piece, Peterson is one of the NFC's 10 most versatile players.
The 23-year-old ranked fifth.
There is nothing that he can't do on the football field, and he's one of the elite athletes in the NFL. Peterson is a shutdown corner who now lines up to cover the opponent's best receiver, but his versatility doesn't end there.
He remains a dangerous punt returner, but has also lined up at wide receiver and actually had three receptions in 2012. His most unique skill that the coaches may use is his ability to line up at quarterback and run a Wildcat-type scheme and either run it or throw it.
There have been times over his first two seasons where Peterson lined up on offense, as he's tallied three carries for 13 yards and four receptions for 10 yards. New coach Bruce Arians is known as a creative play-caller, so it stands to reason Peterson will get a few more opportunities in 2013.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.