NFL.com: Arizona Cardinals have 8th-best receiving corps
The Arizona Cardinals receiving corps is certainly headlined by the six-time Pro Bowler, but there are more capable targets than just him.
In fact, the group consisting mainly of Fitz, Michael Floyd, Andre Roberts and Rob Housler was ranked as the 8th-best by NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.
The Cardinals' quarterback issues have exponentially diminished Fitzgerald's production, but he rightfully remains one of the NFL's most respected wide receivers. Floyd is a breakout candidate as a vertical threat, while Roberts offers run-after-catch ability as the third option.
The four players mentioned combined for 225 receptions, 2,536 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, but it is generally believed they'll do better with a decent quarterback who can get them the ball.
If they do improve with Carson Palmer under center, perhaps they'll move up in the rankings and be thought of in the same light as the Fitz, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston group. In 2008, those three combined for 262 receptions, 3,475 yards and 26 touchdowns.
The Cardinals can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?