NFL.com: Arizona Cardinals have 8th-best receiving corps
The Arizona Cardinals receiving corps is certainly headlined by the six-time Pro Bowler, but there are more capable targets than just him.
In fact, the group consisting mainly of Fitz, Michael Floyd, Andre Roberts and Rob Housler was ranked as the 8th-best by NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.
The Cardinals' quarterback issues have exponentially diminished Fitzgerald's production, but he rightfully remains one of the NFL's most respected wide receivers. Floyd is a breakout candidate as a vertical threat, while Roberts offers run-after-catch ability as the third option.
The four players mentioned combined for 225 receptions, 2,536 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, but it is generally believed they'll do better with a decent quarterback who can get them the ball.
If they do improve with Carson Palmer under center, perhaps they'll move up in the rankings and be thought of in the same light as the Fitz, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston group. In 2008, those three combined for 262 receptions, 3,475 yards and 26 touchdowns.
The Cardinals can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.