CBS' Prisco: Bruce Arians 20th-best coach in NFL
Filling in for an ailing Chuck Pagano as the interim coach, Arians helped lead a team that won just two games in 2011 to 11 wins and a playoff berth in 2012.
Now the Arizona Cardinals' head coach, Arians has been ranked by CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco as the 20th-best head coach in the NFL.
He is a well-respected offensive mind who did a heck of a job when he took over as the interim coach of the Colts last year after Pagano got sick. Arians did a great job running the Steelers offense a few years ago, but somehow was let go. I think he can have some success in Arizona.
Arians is the highest-ranked of first-year head coaches, but last among NFC West bosses. San Francisco's Jim Harbaugh is eighth, St. Louis' Jeff Fisher is 11th and Seattle's Pete Carroll is 15th.
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.