Arizona Cardinals assistant Freddie Kitchens cleared for training camp
Kitchens has been out since experience chest pains during a June 4 practice; an exam showed a defect in his aorta that required surgery.
"Freddie is doing great," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday. "Doctors have cleared him to come to work. It's amazing. He hit a hurdle last week and cleared it. He really looks good, sounds good and he's on a treadmill two or three times a day."
The 38-year-old Kitchens started with the Cardinals in 2007 as the tight ends coach on Ken Whisenhunt's staff, and was moved to quarterbacks coach by Bruce Arians.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.