Report: Arizona Cardinals to bring DE John Abraham in for a visit
The news was first reported by Mike Jurecki.
Abraham, 35, has played 13 NFL seasons, the last seven of which came in Atlanta for the Falcons. The owner of 122 career sacks, he has tallied 32.5 over the last three seasons -- including 10 last year.
The Cardinals were tied for 11th in sacks last season with 38, and were led by Daryl Washington's nine. After the linebacker, not one Cardinal had more than 6.5.
So, it's understandable that they'd have interest in Abraham, even though he'd likely have to transition to an outside linbacker role in the desert.
Of course, Abraham is still on the market for a reason, and it's possible the veteran may feel like he's worth more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!