Report: Arizona Cardinals to bring DE John Abraham in for a visit
The news was first reported by Mike Jurecki.
Abraham, 35, has played 13 NFL seasons, the last seven of which came in Atlanta for the Falcons. The owner of 122 career sacks, he has tallied 32.5 over the last three seasons -- including 10 last year.
The Cardinals were tied for 11th in sacks last season with 38, and were led by Daryl Washington's nine. After the linebacker, not one Cardinal had more than 6.5.
So, it's understandable that they'd have interest in Abraham, even though he'd likely have to transition to an outside linbacker role in the desert.
Of course, Abraham is still on the market for a reason, and it's possible the veteran may feel like he's worth more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?