Report: Arizona Cardinals to bring DE John Abraham in for a visit
The news was first reported by Mike Jurecki.
Abraham, 35, has played 13 NFL seasons, the last seven of which came in Atlanta for the Falcons. The owner of 122 career sacks, he has tallied 32.5 over the last three seasons -- including 10 last year.
The Cardinals were tied for 11th in sacks last season with 38, and were led by Daryl Washington's nine. After the linebacker, not one Cardinal had more than 6.5.
So, it's understandable that they'd have interest in Abraham, even though he'd likely have to transition to an outside linbacker role in the desert.
Of course, Abraham is still on the market for a reason, and it's possible the veteran may feel like he's worth more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.