Report: Arizona Cardinals to bring DE John Abraham in for a visit
The news was first reported by Mike Jurecki.
Abraham, 35, has played 13 NFL seasons, the last seven of which came in Atlanta for the Falcons. The owner of 122 career sacks, he has tallied 32.5 over the last three seasons -- including 10 last year.
The Cardinals were tied for 11th in sacks last season with 38, and were led by Daryl Washington's nine. After the linebacker, not one Cardinal had more than 6.5.
So, it's understandable that they'd have interest in Abraham, even though he'd likely have to transition to an outside linbacker role in the desert.
Of course, Abraham is still on the market for a reason, and it's possible the veteran may feel like he's worth more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.