Report: Arizona Cardinals to bring DE John Abraham in for a visit
The news was first reported by Mike Jurecki.
Abraham, 35, has played 13 NFL seasons, the last seven of which came in Atlanta for the Falcons. The owner of 122 career sacks, he has tallied 32.5 over the last three seasons -- including 10 last year.
The Cardinals were tied for 11th in sacks last season with 38, and were led by Daryl Washington's nine. After the linebacker, not one Cardinal had more than 6.5.
So, it's understandable that they'd have interest in Abraham, even though he'd likely have to transition to an outside linbacker role in the desert.
Of course, Abraham is still on the market for a reason, and it's possible the veteran may feel like he's worth more than the Cardinals are willing to pay.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!