Report: Arizona Cardinals to sign OT Eric Winston
Offensive tackle Eric Winston about to sign with the Cardinals, per source. Good addition.— Jim Trotter (@SI_JimTrotter) July 25, 2013
Winston, 29, spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans before signing with the Kansas City Chiefs last season.
The Chiefs opted to release Winston in the offseason after drafting Eric Fisher.
He's started all 16 games in every season but his first, and is generally regarded as one of the better tackles in the league.
The Cardinals would certainly benefit from the depth Winston could provide. He can play either right or left tackle.
Arizona had the league's worst offensive line last season, with right tackle Bobby Massie struggling mightily in his rookie campaign.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.