Report: Arizona Cardinals to sign OT Eric Winston
Offensive tackle Eric Winston about to sign with the Cardinals, per source. Good addition.— Jim Trotter (@SI_JimTrotter) July 25, 2013
Winston, 29, spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans before signing with the Kansas City Chiefs last season.
The Chiefs opted to release Winston in the offseason after drafting Eric Fisher.
He's started all 16 games in every season but his first, and is generally regarded as one of the better tackles in the league.
The Cardinals would certainly benefit from the depth Winston could provide. He can play either right or left tackle.
Arizona had the league's worst offensive line last season, with right tackle Bobby Massie struggling mightily in his rookie campaign.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.