Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:06 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran OT Eric Winston
Late Wednesday, it was reported that the Arizona Cardinals were on the verge of agreeing to a contract with offensive tackle Eric Winston.
Thursday morning, the deal got done.
Cardinals and former Chiefs OT Eric Winston now have reached agreement on a one-year deal that will be signed today.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 25, 2013
The 29-year-old lineman was released by the Kansas City Chiefs after one year with the team. Prior to that, he spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans.
The owner of 103 career starts, Winston is regarded as one of the better linemen in the NFL. He figures to start at right tackle for Arizona, meaning incumbent Bobby Massie will have to move.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.