Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:06 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran OT Eric Winston
Late Wednesday, it was reported that the Arizona Cardinals were on the verge of agreeing to a contract with offensive tackle Eric Winston.
Thursday morning, the deal got done.
Cardinals and former Chiefs OT Eric Winston now have reached agreement on a one-year deal that will be signed today.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 25, 2013
The 29-year-old lineman was released by the Kansas City Chiefs after one year with the team. Prior to that, he spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans.
The owner of 103 career starts, Winston is regarded as one of the better linemen in the NFL. He figures to start at right tackle for Arizona, meaning incumbent Bobby Massie will have to move.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?