Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:06 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran OT Eric Winston
Late Wednesday, it was reported that the Arizona Cardinals were on the verge of agreeing to a contract with offensive tackle Eric Winston.
Thursday morning, the deal got done.
Cardinals and former Chiefs OT Eric Winston now have reached agreement on a one-year deal that will be signed today.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 25, 2013
The 29-year-old lineman was released by the Kansas City Chiefs after one year with the team. Prior to that, he spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans.
The owner of 103 career starts, Winston is regarded as one of the better linemen in the NFL. He figures to start at right tackle for Arizona, meaning incumbent Bobby Massie will have to move.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!