Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:06 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran OT Eric Winston
Late Wednesday, it was reported that the Arizona Cardinals were on the verge of agreeing to a contract with offensive tackle Eric Winston.
Thursday morning, the deal got done.
Cardinals and former Chiefs OT Eric Winston now have reached agreement on a one-year deal that will be signed today.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 25, 2013
The 29-year-old lineman was released by the Kansas City Chiefs after one year with the team. Prior to that, he spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans.
The owner of 103 career starts, Winston is regarded as one of the better linemen in the NFL. He figures to start at right tackle for Arizona, meaning incumbent Bobby Massie will have to move.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.