Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran pass rusher John Abraham
A 13-year NFL veteran, Abraham has spent the last seven seasons in Atlanta with the Falcons. The 35-year-old has tallied 122 career sacks, including 32.5 over the last three seasons. Ten of those came in 2012.
Originally a first-round pick of the New York Jets (13th overall) in 2000, Abraham has been to four Pro Bowls and is a two-time First-Team All-Pro.
The former South Carolina Gamecock has a penchant for creating turnovers as well. In his career, Abraham has forced 44 fumbles and recovered six.
"That'll be a good addition for us on the outside," Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington said Thursday. "We played them up in Atlanta last year and the guy got at the quarterback. It's amazing how he can do that."
Abraham had two sacks and a forced fumble in Atlanta's 23-19 win over the Cardinals at the Georgia Dome last November.
According to NFL.com, Abraham also drew interest from the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!