Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran pass rusher John Abraham
A 13-year NFL veteran, Abraham has spent the last seven seasons in Atlanta with the Falcons. The 35-year-old has tallied 122 career sacks, including 32.5 over the last three seasons. Ten of those came in 2012.
Originally a first-round pick of the New York Jets (13th overall) in 2000, Abraham has been to four Pro Bowls and is a two-time First-Team All-Pro.
The former South Carolina Gamecock has a penchant for creating turnovers as well. In his career, Abraham has forced 44 fumbles and recovered six.
"That'll be a good addition for us on the outside," Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington said Thursday. "We played them up in Atlanta last year and the guy got at the quarterback. It's amazing how he can do that."
Abraham had two sacks and a forced fumble in Atlanta's 23-19 win over the Cardinals at the Georgia Dome last November.
According to NFL.com, Abraham also drew interest from the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up