Arizona Cardinals release LB O'Brien Schofield
Originally selected by the team in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin, Schofield finishes his Cardinals tenure with 71 total tackles and 10.5 sacks.
The move to release him coincides with the Cardinals agreeing to contract terms with veteran John Abraham.
Schofield entered the NFL with an injury history, as he had torn the ACL in his left leg during Senior Bowl practice in January 2010. The Cardinals took a chance on him, though, as the East-West Shrine Game defensive MVP was productive with the Badgers, including a 12-sack season in 2009.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.