Arizona Cardinals release LB O'Brien Schofield
Originally selected by the team in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin, Schofield finishes his Cardinals tenure with 71 total tackles and 10.5 sacks.
The move to release him coincides with the Cardinals agreeing to contract terms with veteran John Abraham.
Schofield entered the NFL with an injury history, as he had torn the ACL in his left leg during Senior Bowl practice in January 2010. The Cardinals took a chance on him, though, as the East-West Shrine Game defensive MVP was productive with the Badgers, including a 12-sack season in 2009.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?