Arizona Cardinals release LB O'Brien Schofield
Originally selected by the team in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin, Schofield finishes his Cardinals tenure with 71 total tackles and 10.5 sacks.
The move to release him coincides with the Cardinals agreeing to contract terms with veteran John Abraham.
Schofield entered the NFL with an injury history, as he had torn the ACL in his left leg during Senior Bowl practice in January 2010. The Cardinals took a chance on him, though, as the East-West Shrine Game defensive MVP was productive with the Badgers, including a 12-sack season in 2009.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!