Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Cardinals sign rookie WR Nicholas Edwards
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed rookie free agent wide receiver Nicholas Edwards.
Edwards caught 215 passes for 2,634 yards and 33 touchdowns in his collegiate career at Eastern Washington. His best season came in 2011, when as a junior he caught a school-record 95 passes for 1,250 yards. His 19 touchdowns that season led the NCAA College Football Subdivision.
The signing follows the announced retirement of Arizona rookie wide receiver Ryan Swope due to concussion issues. Swope was a sixth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.