Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Cardinals sign rookie WR Nicholas Edwards
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed rookie free agent wide receiver Nicholas Edwards.
Edwards caught 215 passes for 2,634 yards and 33 touchdowns in his collegiate career at Eastern Washington. His best season came in 2011, when as a junior he caught a school-record 95 passes for 1,250 yards. His 19 touchdowns that season led the NCAA College Football Subdivision.
The signing follows the announced retirement of Arizona rookie wide receiver Ryan Swope due to concussion issues. Swope was a sixth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.