Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 2:51 pm
Cardinals sign rookie WR Nicholas Edwards
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have signed rookie free agent wide receiver Nicholas Edwards.
Edwards caught 215 passes for 2,634 yards and 33 touchdowns in his collegiate career at Eastern Washington. His best season came in 2011, when as a junior he caught a school-record 95 passes for 1,250 yards. His 19 touchdowns that season led the NCAA College Football Subdivision.
The signing follows the announced retirement of Arizona rookie wide receiver Ryan Swope due to concussion issues. Swope was a sixth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.