Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals, first-round pick Jonathan Cooper reach deal
According to the team, Cooper signed a four-year contract, but further details and terms were not disclosed, per club policy.
"Just got word that Jonathan Cooper is done and is on his way," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said after the team's morning practice. "I'm a lot happier now."
Cooper's first practice is expected to be Monday, meaning he'll have missed the first three days of training camp. Arians noted that he will do his conditioning test in front of the entire team.
The 311-pound, 6-foot-2 Cooper was drafted out of the University of North Carolina, where he was a three-time All-ACC selection.
Last season, Cooper was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy, which is an award given to the nation's top interior lineman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the deal guarantees Cooper $14.55 million over four years.
Cardinals and Jonathan Cooper reached agreement on a 4-year, 14.55 million fully guaranteed deal with offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2013
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.