Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals, first-round pick Jonathan Cooper reach deal
According to the team, Cooper signed a four-year contract, but further details and terms were not disclosed, per club policy.
"Just got word that Jonathan Cooper is done and is on his way," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said after the team's morning practice. "I'm a lot happier now."
Cooper's first practice is expected to be Monday, meaning he'll have missed the first three days of training camp. Arians noted that he will do his conditioning test in front of the entire team.
The 311-pound, 6-foot-2 Cooper was drafted out of the University of North Carolina, where he was a three-time All-ACC selection.
Last season, Cooper was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy, which is an award given to the nation's top interior lineman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the deal guarantees Cooper $14.55 million over four years.
Cardinals and Jonathan Cooper reached agreement on a 4-year, 14.55 million fully guaranteed deal with offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2013
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b