Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals, first-round pick Jonathan Cooper reach deal
According to the team, Cooper signed a four-year contract, but further details and terms were not disclosed, per club policy.
"Just got word that Jonathan Cooper is done and is on his way," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said after the team's morning practice. "I'm a lot happier now."
Cooper's first practice is expected to be Monday, meaning he'll have missed the first three days of training camp. Arians noted that he will do his conditioning test in front of the entire team.
The 311-pound, 6-foot-2 Cooper was drafted out of the University of North Carolina, where he was a three-time All-ACC selection.
Last season, Cooper was also a finalist for the Outland Trophy, which is an award given to the nation's top interior lineman.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the deal guarantees Cooper $14.55 million over four years.
Cardinals and Jonathan Cooper reached agreement on a 4-year, 14.55 million fully guaranteed deal with offset language.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2013
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.