Karlos Dansby plans to take 'full advantage' of opportunity Arizona Cardinals are giving him
Dansby, who took his talents to South Beach after accumulating 558 total tackles, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries in six years with the Cardinals, bolted for the big dollars.
He played well in three seasons for the Dolphins, but neither he nor the Cardinals have made the postseason since his departure.
Dansby, 31, is excited to be back in the Valley.
"It's a great situation," he said. "Timing is perfect; everybody is excited. It's a new season."
The veteran linebacker was cut by the Dolphins, as they apparently felt his production was not commensurate to his salary.
However, he did tally a career-best 134 total tackles in 2012, which led the team. So, the linebacker-needy Cardinals were happy to bring 'Los back into the fold, albeit on a one-year deal.
"Like I never left," Dansby added. "It's real excitement to be back, and I'm blessed to have this opportunity.
"So I'm going to take full advantage of it."
How he will do that remains to be seen, as Dansby is not sure how the coaching staff plans on using him. At the very least, he's likely to start while Daryl Washington serves a four-game suspension to start the season.
"Whatever my role is going to be, I'm going to do it to the fullest," he said. "I'm going to have some fun doing it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.