Karlos Dansby plans to take 'full advantage' of opportunity Arizona Cardinals are giving him
Dansby, who took his talents to South Beach after accumulating 558 total tackles, 25.5 sacks, 10 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries in six years with the Cardinals, bolted for the big dollars.
He played well in three seasons for the Dolphins, but neither he nor the Cardinals have made the postseason since his departure.
Dansby, 31, is excited to be back in the Valley.
"It's a great situation," he said. "Timing is perfect; everybody is excited. It's a new season."
The veteran linebacker was cut by the Dolphins, as they apparently felt his production was not commensurate to his salary.
However, he did tally a career-best 134 total tackles in 2012, which led the team. So, the linebacker-needy Cardinals were happy to bring 'Los back into the fold, albeit on a one-year deal.
"Like I never left," Dansby added. "It's real excitement to be back, and I'm blessed to have this opportunity.
"So I'm going to take full advantage of it."
How he will do that remains to be seen, as Dansby is not sure how the coaching staff plans on using him. At the very least, he's likely to start while Daryl Washington serves a four-game suspension to start the season.
"Whatever my role is going to be, I'm going to do it to the fullest," he said. "I'm going to have some fun doing it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.