Now a Seahawk, former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield looks forward to facing old team
An elite pass rusher in college, Ken Whisenhunt and his staff believed the former Wisconsin Badger could regain his health and get after quarterbacks.
Three seasons in the Valley saw Schofield record 10.5 sacks, but his 2012 campaign ended early with an ankle injury. Though he participated in minicamps and OTAs, the Cardinals' new staff decided it was time for the sides to part ways.
Schofield was released by the team when it signed veteran John Abraham last week, though it did not take the 26-year-old long to find a home.
In Seattle, with the Seahawks.
"I definitely didn't think that would happen to me," Schofield told the Seattle media Tuesday. "But the fact that it did and I got picked up as soon as I did by a division (rival), it made me happy that I get a chance to see Arizona two times a year."
Schofield said he did not like the way he was let go by the Cardinals, and that combined with friends on the team will make Arizona a team he looks forward to playing.
That said, he understands that the Cards' new coaching staff wanted to remake the roster, and sometimes that spells doom for incumbents.
"They saw another way to win and they made their own changes," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.