Now a Seahawk, former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield looks forward to facing old team
An elite pass rusher in college, Ken Whisenhunt and his staff believed the former Wisconsin Badger could regain his health and get after quarterbacks.
Three seasons in the Valley saw Schofield record 10.5 sacks, but his 2012 campaign ended early with an ankle injury. Though he participated in minicamps and OTAs, the Cardinals' new staff decided it was time for the sides to part ways.
Schofield was released by the team when it signed veteran John Abraham last week, though it did not take the 26-year-old long to find a home.
In Seattle, with the Seahawks.
"I definitely didn't think that would happen to me," Schofield told the Seattle media Tuesday. "But the fact that it did and I got picked up as soon as I did by a division (rival), it made me happy that I get a chance to see Arizona two times a year."
Schofield said he did not like the way he was let go by the Cardinals, and that combined with friends on the team will make Arizona a team he looks forward to playing.
That said, he understands that the Cards' new coaching staff wanted to remake the roster, and sometimes that spells doom for incumbents.
"They saw another way to win and they made their own changes," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.