Now a Seahawk, former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield looks forward to facing old team
An elite pass rusher in college, Ken Whisenhunt and his staff believed the former Wisconsin Badger could regain his health and get after quarterbacks.
Three seasons in the Valley saw Schofield record 10.5 sacks, but his 2012 campaign ended early with an ankle injury. Though he participated in minicamps and OTAs, the Cardinals' new staff decided it was time for the sides to part ways.
Schofield was released by the team when it signed veteran John Abraham last week, though it did not take the 26-year-old long to find a home.
In Seattle, with the Seahawks.
"I definitely didn't think that would happen to me," Schofield told the Seattle media Tuesday. "But the fact that it did and I got picked up as soon as I did by a division (rival), it made me happy that I get a chance to see Arizona two times a year."
Schofield said he did not like the way he was let go by the Cardinals, and that combined with friends on the team will make Arizona a team he looks forward to playing.
That said, he understands that the Cards' new coaching staff wanted to remake the roster, and sometimes that spells doom for incumbents.
"They saw another way to win and they made their own changes," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.