Now a Seahawk, former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield looks forward to facing old team
An elite pass rusher in college, Ken Whisenhunt and his staff believed the former Wisconsin Badger could regain his health and get after quarterbacks.
Three seasons in the Valley saw Schofield record 10.5 sacks, but his 2012 campaign ended early with an ankle injury. Though he participated in minicamps and OTAs, the Cardinals' new staff decided it was time for the sides to part ways.
Schofield was released by the team when it signed veteran John Abraham last week, though it did not take the 26-year-old long to find a home.
In Seattle, with the Seahawks.
"I definitely didn't think that would happen to me," Schofield told the Seattle media Tuesday. "But the fact that it did and I got picked up as soon as I did by a division (rival), it made me happy that I get a chance to see Arizona two times a year."
Schofield said he did not like the way he was let go by the Cardinals, and that combined with friends on the team will make Arizona a team he looks forward to playing.
That said, he understands that the Cards' new coaching staff wanted to remake the roster, and sometimes that spells doom for incumbents.
"They saw another way to win and they made their own changes," he said.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves